Six People Forced out by Flames in Shamokin

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHAMOKIN -- Six people are out of their homes after a fire in Northumberland County.

Crews were called to the building on Spruce Street in Shamokin around 11 p.m. Friday.

Officials say the fire started as a kitchen grease fire and spread.

An auction house and a deli located on the first floor of the building took on damage.

No one was hurt, but six residents have been displaced.

Firefighters from Northumberland and Schuylkill Counties were called in to help fight the fire.

2 comments

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.