Fire at Recycling Center

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FREELAND — A recycling center in Luzerne County back up and running after a fire.

Authorities said the fire at PGA Inc. on South Street in Freeland started in a heating unit on the roof around 7:00 a.m. and evacuated the building.

Firefighters were able to put the flames out before they spread into the structure, however there is some water and smoke damage inside.

According to the fire chief, business at the recycling center is operating as usual.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.