Vet Clinic Helping Fire Victims

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FISHING CREEK TOWNSHIP — A veterinary clinic in Columbia County is trying to help a couple devastated by a fire while trying to save a lost dog.

The Brendles came home Friday to find the cabin where they were living near Benton on fire. They were out trying to get help for a lost dog they found.

They were only gone 20 minutes when investigators say a faulty coal pipe started the fire, killing the dog, and destroying most of their belongings.

Sandi Connor at Fishing Creek Veterinary Clinic was called to the scene to help identify the lost dog.  Now, the clinic is collecting daily necessities to help the Brendles.

“The Brendle family, they are such kind-hearted people that they didn’t even care about themselves through all this.  All they ever worried about was saving Miley the dog’s life,” Connor said.

Donations can be dropped off at Fishing Creek Veterinary Clinic along Route 487.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.