CO Suspected In Couple’s Death

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RUSH TOWNSHIP — Authorities think carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame for the death of an elderly couple in Schuylkill County.

Anna Mae Young, 88, and Nicholas Young, 87, were found dead in their home along Welsh Road near Tamaqua Sunday morning.

Investigators believe the two were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from their car that was apparently left running inside the garage.

The coroner ruled both deaths an accident.