Fire at Gas Compressor Station
DEP confirmed Friday there was an explosion Thursday afternoon at a natural gas compression station in Susquehanna County.
According to DEP, there was a small natural gas leak at the station owned by Williams Lathrop off Route 29 in Springville. The alarms sounded and all the valves were shut down. The building was evacuated.
Officials said gas built up in the building and something sparked caused an explosion.
No one was hurt.
DEP and Williams are looking into the cause of the leak and the spark.
The compressor is closed until further notice.