House Heavily Damaged After Chimney Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A fire damaged a home in Luzerne County on Sunday.

Firefighters were called to Remond Road in Hunlock Creek.

The owner said he came outside for firewood when he noticed the chimney was on fire.

He said he tried to put out the flames himself, but couldn’t.

The house has heavy smoke and water damage.

The American Red Cross is helping the fire victim in Luzerne County.