It's a win for area students, New York Giants Football fans and avid watchers of ABC's Dancing With The Stars.
Rashad Jennings is in the Scranton area.
Rashad is a retired New York Giants running back who is a successful athlete, TV talk and sports show personality, author, speaker, and philanthropist.
After retiring, Rashad joined the Season 24 cast of Dancing With The Stars and took home the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy.
Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey caught up with Rashad on Thursday.
Rashad visited Allied Services' dePaul School in Scranton. The nonprofit school's mission is to teach students with dyslexia and other related learning disabilities how to learn.
During Rashad and Ryan's chat, he talked about his new book. Click here to be connected to Rashad's website and learn about his new book.
Rashad is helping to raise funds for Allied's dePaul School at his event Thursday, September 19, at PNC Field in Moosic. Details below.
RASHAD JENNINGS COMES TO PNC FIELD IN MOOSIC
- What: Q & A session with Rashad (hosted by Newswatch 16's sports anchor Jim Coles)
- When: Thursday, September 19 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Location: PNC Field, Moosic
- Cost: $10.00 for children 13 & under. $30.00 for adults. Click here to get tickets.
- Who It Helps: Proceeds benefit Allied Services' dePaul School.
Rashad's visit to PNC Field is presented by Allied Services and McDonald's of Greater Scranton.
Jennings also made a stop at Riverside Elementary East School in Moosic Thursday morning. He visited with third and fourth graders.
Jennings struggled academically in school and also experienced bullying. Those struggles were the inspiration for his Coin Slot Chronicles book series, which is meant to show children and teenagers that they can grow and overcome obstacles.
UPCOMING FUNDRAISERS FOR THE ALLIED SERVICES' DEPAUL SCHOOL
Next month, October 1 through the 14th, a number of McDonald's locations in our area will be selling large fries to raise money for Allied's dePaul School Scholarship Fund.
- Sans Souci Highway, Hanover
- Keyser Ave., Scranton
- Wyoming Ave, Wyoming (Across from the Midway Shopping Ctr.)
- South Side Shopping Center, Scranton
- 1127 Northern Blvd., Clarks Summit
- Memorial Highway, Shavertown
- Route 309, Mountain Top
- West Tioga Street, Tunkhannock
- South Main St., Old Forge
- Route 6, Eynon
- Brooklyn St., Carbondale
- Bell Mountain Village, Dickson City
- 1236 Wyoming Ave., Scranton