The 24th annual Wyoming Valley RiverFest is making a splash in Luzerne County this weekend.
The event, which is a celebration of the Susquehanna River, takes place at Nesbitt Park in Wilkes-Barre.
Admission to RiverFest is free.
It includes everything from live music, family-friendly activities, and plenty of fun sights on the water such as dragon boat races.
There are several new activities this year including a fishing derby for kids and a fun walk with prizes.
- Friday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: noon to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
NEW AT RIVERFEST:
- Suskie Bassmaster’s Free Family Fishing Derby will be held Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. along the bank of the Susquehanna River (Nesbitt Park Boat Launch). Prizes will be awarded.
- Tom Petty Appreciation Band will perform opening night, Friday, from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The PENNSYLVANIA ENVIRONMENTAL COUNCIL “Get Your Tail on the Trail” fun walk will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can register on-site and complete the two-mile fun walk to receive a commemorative drawstring bag and a raffle ticket for valuable prizes.
- STUDIO BE “Kids Yoga” will be held at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. Jennifer Ciarimboli is the instructor. All children will receive a FREE yoga mat.
- Friday, June 21, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. from West Pittston to Wilkes-Barre
- Saturday, June 22, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. from Harding to Wilkes-Barre's Nesbitt Park
- Sunday, June 23, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. from Wilkes-Barre to Hunlock Creek
For more on the river tours, click here.
DRAGON BOAT RACE:
- Friday, June 21 – 7:30 p.m. – Awaken the Dragon Ceremony
- Saturday, June 22 – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Team Practice
- Sunday, June 23 – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Team Racing
For a complete schedule of events, check out this flyer.
WNEP-TV is a proud media sponsor of Wyoming Valley RiverFest 2019.
Head here to be connected to the event page.