Police Say Meth Lab to Blame for Fire in Danville

DANVILLE, Pa. -- A meth lab is being blamed for a fire that gutted a home in Montour County.

Police say Tuesday morning's fire at the double block along Chambers Street started in a bedroom.

According to officers, Michael Mowrer Jr. and Richard McHugh were trying to cook methamphetamine there when they dropped a chemical. Mowrer ran out of the home covered in flames. He was taken to a hospital.

Several other people were also inside at the time. They made it out safely.

McHugh has been charged with operating a meth lab, reckless endangerment, and risking a catastrophe.

7 comments

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.