Flames Force Family out During Snow Storm

SCRANTON, Pa. -- A family is staying with relatives after a fire broke out in their home in Scranton.

Officials say the fire started just after 4 p.m. Sunday along South Main Avenue in the city.

Two rooms and the attic along the rear of the home were heavily damaged.

Everyone who was home at the time made it out safely.

Fire officials tell us the home is not a total loss.

A Scranton Fire Department inspector ruled the fire accidental, caused by an electrical problem.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.