Investigators: Accidental Fire Started by Blow Torch

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. -- Investigators say a devastating fire during last week's brutal cold was started by someone trying to defrost frozen pipes with a propane torch.

The accidental fire wrecked a home along North Main Street in Wilkes-Barre Thursday afternoon.

It took firefighters more than four hours to knock down the flames.

Firefighters had to deal with frozen lines and frozen pavement. Two were hurt when they slipped and fell on ice.

A mom and her two sons made it out of the burning home in Wilkes-Barre.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.