If your goal is to get more active in 2019, a family-friendly event in Lackawanna County could be a good "fit" in more ways than one.
The Greater Scranton YMCA in Dunmore is getting the word out about its winter indoor triathlon.
You do not have to be a member of the YMCA to participate.
Although the event happens on Sunday, February 24, 2019, organizers wanted to give people a heads up now to allow for time to train for the event.
Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey spotlighted the race under the roof on Thursday.
All ages are encouraged to attend.
The TRI at the Y can be done as an individual or as a team, meaning one person can do all of the activities below or split up the work between other athletes.
THE INDOOR TRIATHLON INVOLVES:
- 10 Minute Swim
- 10 Minute Transition
- 25 Minute Bike
- 5 Minute Transition
- 20 Minute Run
FREE TRIATHLON TRAINING RESOURCES:
- First Time Triathlete Training Program
- Training Plan For Beginners
- Another Beginners Training Program
QUICK EVENT FACTS:
- WHAT: Indoor Triathlon
- WHEN: Sunday, February 24, 2019
- TIME: 7 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
- HOW TO SIGNUP: You can signup ahead of time to save money. It's $25 for individuals and $60 for teams. Click here to register online! The prices increase after February 17, 2019.
- You can also register in person the day of the event starting at 7 a.m. Again, fees will be slightly higher after 2/17/19.If you have further questions about the TRI at the Y, call 570-342-8115.You can also email Brendan Wilson, Race Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any race questions or if you or your organization would like to volunteer.