Fire Causes Power Outage in Williamsport

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. -- A fire caused a power outage at Penn College in Williamsport.

It happened just before 1 p.m. Wednesday in the area of First and Maynard streets.

Crews say a fuse blew on one of the power lines causing some trees to catch fire.

Penn College, as well as some homes in the neighborhood, lost power for a time, but no one was hurt.

Officials in Williamsport say an electrical issue is to blame.

4 comments

  • freedomfreedomfreedomfreedom

    Look into smart meter hazards and how they can cause serious electrical problems that result in fires.
    To bad our wonderful legislature signed into law a no opt out of smart meters in the state of Pennsylvania. We are only second to D C. Who have no opt out clause . Every other state you the homeowner can opt out. I think the people should have a say on what goes on their homes. But not here in PA.
    Communism at its finest.

    • jimbrony

      Wow, you’re so enlightened. You must be really educated to deduce from this article that the fire started from a smart meter. Meanwhile – back in sane people-land – nobody cares about smart meters.

      • jimbrony

        Let me guess: You think the earth is flat, the moon landings were fake, fluoride is poison in the water, and airliners are spraying things in the air too?

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.