Free Naloxone Kits Will Be Available Across Pennsylvania to Fight Opioid Epidemic
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf’s administration is focusing on preventing opioid addiction and overdoses.
Naloxone is a medication that can reverse the effects of an opioid overdose.
The administration announced naloxone kits will be made available for free in every county in the commonwealth this week. It’s all part of a campaign called “Stop Overdoses in PA: Get Help Now Week.”
On Thursday, December 13, people can pick up a free naloxone kit at any of the 80 health centers participating across the commonwealth from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The kits include two doses and step-by-step instructions.
More than 20,000 people have been revived with naloxone by emergency responders in Pennsylvania since November 2014, according to the governor’s office.
For a list of the participating health centers, click here.
Naloxone is also available at most pharmacies across the state year-round. It is available for free or at a low cost with many insurance plans, the administration said.
Here are the participating health centers in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania:
- Carbon County State Health Center – 281 N. 12th St., Suite A, Lehighton, PA 18235
- Clinton County State Health Center – 215 E. Church St., Lock Haven, PA 17745
- Columbia County State Health Center – 327 Columbia Blvd., Suite 2, Bloomsburg, PA 17815
- Lackawanna County State Health Center – Scranton State Office Building, 100 Lackawanna Avenue, Room 110, Scranton, PA 18503
- Luzerne County State Health Center – 665 Carey Ave., Suite 2, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18706
- Wilkes-Barre City Health Department – 71 N. Franklin St., Kirby Health Center, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Lycoming County State Health Center – 1000 Commerce Park Dr., Suite 109, Williamsport, PA 17701
- Monroe County State Health Center – 1972 W. Main St., Suite 102, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
- Montour County State Health Center – 329 Church St., Danville, PA 17821
- Northumberland County State Health Center – 247 Pennsylvania Ave., Sunbury, PA 17801
- Pike County State Health Center – 10 Buist Rd., Suite 401, Milford, PA 18337
- Schuylkill County State Health Center – One Norwegian Plaza, Suite 103, Pottsville, PA 17901
- Selinsgrove Center – 1000 Route 522, Selinsgrove, PA 17870
- Dushore Fire Department – 212 Julia St., Dushore, PA 18614
- Susquehanna County State Health Center – 157 Spruce St., Montrose, PA 18801
- Tioga County State Health Center – 44 Plaza Ln., Wellsboro, PA 16901
- Union County State Health Center – 1610 Industrial Blvd., Suite 100, Lewisburg, PA 17837
- Wayne County State Health Center – 615 Erie Heights, Honesdale, PA 18431
- Wyoming County State Health Center – 5632 State Route 6, Tunkhannock, PA 18657