Two Displaced by Fire in Scranton

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SCRANTON, Pa. -- A fire chased two people out into the cold in Scranton.

Investigators are looking for what sparked the flames at the double block home on North Sumner Avenue early Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to the home just after midnight. Two people lived there.

A woman who lived on one side tells Newswatch 16 she'll be staying with friends.

Her landlord lives on the other side. He had to be taken to the hospital for breathing in smoke.

The second floor of the home is destroyed.

The flames were so hot, siding melted on a neighboring home, but the family living there is allowed back inside, here in Scranton.


Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.