Several Businesses and Apartments Damaged by Flames in Hawley

HAWLEY, Pa. -- A faulty box fan is to blame for a fire that damaged several businesses and apartments in Wayne County.

Fire officials say the fan was being used to dry the basement when it sparked flames around 7:30 a.m. Sunday on Main Avenue in Hawley.

The fire damaged four businesses on the first floor of the building and four apartments upstairs.

In all, the fire chief says the Red Cross is helping about six people who lived there.

The cause was ruled accidental.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.