Peanut Butter Reindeer Truffle
1 - 4oz. jar peanut butter
2- sticks softened butter
1- 2lb. bag of powdered sugar
3- bags milk melting chocolate
Ingredients for the Face of the Reindeer only:
Pretzels, candy eyeballs and round red pearl sprinkles.
Blend well and refrigerate for 2 hours
Roll into balls place on parchment paper, return to refrigerator for 2 hours.
Melt chocolate and dip balls, refrigerate for a few minutes until chocolate hardens. Place chocolates in mini cupcake holders.
With melted chocolate, glue broken pretzel pieces (antlers) to the ball. Do the same for candy eyes and add the round red sprinkle pearl for the nose.
Maraschino Cherries with the stem
White and Dark(or Milk) melting chocolate
Edible cake pearls
Edible green leaf candies
Edible red bead candies
Black tube icing
Black gel icing
1. Melt white chocolate in 20 second increments in the microwave.
2. Completely submerge Oreo in white chocolate, lift Oreo out using fork or utensil, scrape off excess and let drip dry on wire rack.
3. Once the Oreo is completely dry, melt your dark or milk chocolate in 20 second increments.
4. Dip maraschino cherry in chocolate. Carefully place the dipped cherry on the Oreo cookie. At the same time, while holding the cherry stem. Take an unwrapped wrapped Hersey kiss bottom facing front of the cherry, place together. They should adhere together and stand on their own on top of the Oreo, making the body and head of the mouse.
5. Let the Chocolate dry completely.
6. Using the sliced almonds, as ears, dip rounded bottoms into melted chocolate and carefully insert between the Hershey kiss and Cherry. Hold in place until they stay on their own.
7. Time for the eyes. Pick two edible cake pearls, carefully put a small amount of black tube icing on the cake pearl eyes. Stick them on the face, above the nose.
8. Then dot each eye with the icing gel.
9. To make the Christmas flower, take the green leave candies and put a small bit of tube icing on the to so they adhere. Place both on one side of the mouse. Then put a dot of tube icing on the red bead candy for a berry between the leaves. Then you have your Christmas Mouse cookie.