STROUDSBURG, Pa. -- For the second day in a row, a bomb threat has forced the evacuation of the Monroe County Courthouse.
Authorities said a woman called the threat into the 911 center around 10 a.m. Tuesday.
A similar threat closed the courthouse in Stroudsburg on Monday.
Eileen Gang from Kresgeville was inside the building when the alarms started going off.
"Everyone just looked and we heard the buzzer and all of a sudden we heard the buzzer and walked out."
This is the seventh time since May that a bomb threat was called into the courthouse.
"It's frustrating but you're in the situation where you have to do what you have to do. You have to make those decisions and get people out. We want to side on the side of caution for everyone's sake," Monroe County Sheriff Todd Martin said.
Three bomb-sniffing dogs were called back in to check the building and surrounding areas.
Once again, streets around the courthouse were blocked.
Not only are these bomb threat calls difficult for people who work in the courthouse, but some businesses are also feeling impacts of the calls, too.
Amanda Beam manages Pocono Soap near Courthouse Square.
"I think we are all just jaw dropped and said, 'are you kidding?' This is really becoming much bigger than I think we expected it to be. This is the seventh time, this is a lot," Beam said.
The courthouse reopened around 2:30 p.m.
County authorities released recordings of several of the recent threatening calls.
Here is a list of the bomb threats, according to investigators:
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018, at approximately 10 a.m. – female caller
- Monday, October 1, 2018, at approximately 8:45 a.m. – female caller
- Monday, September 10, 2018, at approximately 8:35 a.m. – female caller
- Monday, July 10, 2018, at approximately 8:35 a.m. – male caller
- Monday, June 11, 2018, at approximately 11 a.m. – male caller
- Monday, May 7, 2018, at approximately 10 a.m. – male caller
- Monday, May 7, 2018, at approximately 9 a.m. – male caller
Anyone with information on these threats is asked to call Monroe County Detectives.
Check the Monroe County Court website for updates.