2018 Central Susquehanna Wild Pheasant Recovery Area Youth Hunt Permit Giveaway
The Pennsylvania Game Commission and Pheasants Forever are hosting the 2nd annual Central Susquehanna Wild Pheasant Recovery Area Youth Hunt.
This will allow youth hunters a chance to harvest a wild pheasant in Pennsylvania.
Through years of dedicated habitat improvement and research, the Wild Pheasant Recovery Area program has successfully restored huntable numbers of wild pheasants to farmland in Northumberland, Montour, and Columbia counties.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission and Pheasants Forever recently held a drawing and awarded youth hunt permits. The Lucky hunters were assigned to hunt either November 3 or November 10, 2018. Each hunter will be paired with another youth hunter and assigned a “hunt mentor” to ensure safety and guide the permittee. Each permittee is encouraged also to bring an adult, parent or guardian along. Following the hunt, permittees and their guests will be treated to a lunch provided by Pheasants Forever.
The Central Susquehanna Pheasants Forever Chapter has chosen to donate it’s permit to Pennsylvania Outdoor Life and the Pennsylvania Game Commission has also donated two permits to help promote the hunt!
Here’s what you need to know to apply for one of the three permits.
• To be eligible for this drawing you must be between the ages of 12 – 16 and have a valid junior hunting license as well as the required Junior Pheasant Permit (free to youth hunters).
• Each permittee must be accompanied by one adult, parent or guardian to observe and share in the experience.
• The application to enter the “Central Susquehanna Wild Pheasant Recovery Area Youth Hunt Permit Giveaway” is available HERE.
• You will be asked to confirm that you are a licensed Pa. junior hunter and your age is between 12 and 16.
• Simply supply your name, address, email address, CID# and phone number.
• You may enter only once.
• Entries will be accepted until midnight on Monday, September 24.
• The winner will be announced on Sunday, September 30, 2018, on Pennsylvania Outdoor Life.