UPDATE: Susquehanna County Fire Caused by Homeowner Cutting Down Tree, Hitting Electrical Line
HERRICK TOWNSHIP, Pa. — Flames destroyed a home in Susquehanna County Thursday morning.
The fire started at the home along Foster Road in Herrick Township around 11:30 a.m.
According to a state police fire marshal, the fire was caused by an electrical issue after the homeowner was cutting a tree. The tree fell onto an electrical wire that was connected from a utility pole to the house.
A firefighter was hurt after he got an electrical shock.
A dog also died in the fire near Union Dale.