Update: Berwick Fire Caused by Children Playing with Lighter

BERWICK, Pa. -- A fire gutted a home in Columbia County.

The chief says the family who lived in the place on Fair Street in Berwick got out safely with their pets when flames sparked just after 1 a.m. on Tuesday.

Berwick's fire chief said two boys were playing with a lighter and burning paper before they went to bed. They thought they stomped out the fire, but it rekindled and made its way to a gas can.

The home was destroyed.

The Red Cross is helping that family with a place to stay.

Talkback 16 Online Discussion:

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s