Three Displaced, Business Damaged by Fire in Wilkes-Barre

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. -- Three people need a new place to stay after a fire in Wilkes-Barre.

Tuesday morning's fire gutted their apartment on the second floor of a building on Scott Street.

Everyone inside the place was able to escape the flames when their home caught fire just before 2:30 a.m.

Flames also badly damaged a small grocery store on the first floor of the building.

Officials haven't said what sparked that early morning fire in Wilkes-Barre.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.