Electrical Issue to Blame for Hotel Fire in Lackawanna County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SOUTH ABINGTON TOWNSHIP -- An electrical issue is getting the blame for a fire at a hotel in Lackawanna County.

Guests were cleared out of the Ramada Inn near Clarks Summit.

Firefighters say there was an electrical fire in a fourth-floor room around 11 p.m. on Sunday. The hotel was evacuated as a precaution.

The fire damage was contained to one room. The people in that room were moved to another room.

All the guests were allowed to return, and it was back to normal Monday morning at the Ramada in Lackawanna County.


  • AMJoy Fan

    Here we go again. Another tragedy because of Trump’s failed policies. His move to cut funding for safety agencies, , as well as repealing many safety regulations are to blame. #enough

    • Silverfish Imperetrix

      Hey, thanks for sharing your delusions here again. Don’t forget, no matter what the doctors say they’re there to help you so keep taking your meds. #yourrubberroomwithaview

      • AMJoy Fan

        Well the doctors won’t be saying anything to anyone after Trump gets done stealing our health care! Yet another right he flushes down the drain! #factsmatter

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.