Children Rescued from Home After Kitchen Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HAZLETON, Pa. -- A kitchen fire caused a scare for a family in Luzerne County.

Fire crews were called to a home in the one hundred block of South Pine Street in Hazleton around 8 a.m. Wednesday.

Officials on the scene tell Newswatch 16 the fire started on the stove and filled the house with smoke.

Firefighters rescued children from the third floor.

No one was hurt.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.