One of America's largest car shows is just a short drive from our area.
The Philadelphia Auto Show gets underway this weekend. This event got its start in 1902.
Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey provided a first look at the event Friday morning from the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
The auto show starts Saturday, January 27, and runs through Sunday, February 4.
Ryan spotlighted the show's latest and greatest new vehicles for 2018 and 2019 along with answering some of your Facebook questions about the event.
If you are a movie or TV buff, the Hollywood Car section of the auto show is a must. This year's exhibit includes the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo, Tow Mater from Cars, K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider, and many more. Here's a look at some of the Hollywood Cars.
Also featured this at the auto show is the 2019 Volvo XC40. This vehicle of the future has several features including:
- An available panoramic sunroof allows natural light into the cabin
- There's an integrated LED mood lighting can be color adjusted to match the mood or temperature the driver desires
- It uses low friction engine technology
- Innovative engine management system
- Common rail direct fuel injection
- Advanced turbo technology the engine maximizes power and efficiency
Here's a look at the 2019 Volvo XC40.
Featured Jeeps includes this year are the 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk, and the 2018 Compass.
For showtimes and ticket information, click here!
To see a list of the featured cars at this year's show, head here.
Head here for answers to frequently asked questions about the event.