Watch Live: THON 2019

House Fire Started by Homeowner Thawing Pipe with Blowtorch: Officials

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PITTSTON TOWNSHIP -- Fire officials say a homeowner trying to thaw a pipe sparked a fire in Luzerne County.

Firefighters were called to the home on Suscon Road near Pittston around 7 p.m. Sunday.

The assistant fire chief said the homeowner was trying to thaw a pipe outside the home with a blowtorch.

Two people were home at the time. No one was hurt.

Fire crews said only one room was damaged. The family will have to stay somewhere else until repairs are made.

1 Comment

  • Teddy

    Where are our mental health (so called) professionals, this person is obviously a danger to themself n others

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.