Clarks Summit Home Damaged by Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLARKS SUMMIT – Flames damaged a home in Lackawanna County Friday morning.

The fire broke out around 8:30 a.m. in the home on Center Street in Clarks Summit.

The assistant fire chief said it started in a second-floor bedroom and was confined to that area.

Two people at home got out safely.

Investigators said the fire was started accidentally by a cigarette.