Schools to Dismiss Early on Monday Due to Hot Weather
The late September heat means a short school day for students in Scranton and Tunkhannock on Monday.
District officials say in order to protect students from the heat, classes will be dismissed early Monday.
- High schools and the intermediate schools let out at 11:15 a.m.
- The elementary schools dismiss at 12 p.m.
- The district says breakfast and lunch will still be served in Lackawanna County.
- At 12 p.m., the outline buildings dismiss.
- Roslund Elementary lets out at 12:30 p.m.
- The high school and middle school dismiss at 1 p.m.
More schools are announcing early dismissals, click here for more information.