Carbon County Home Destroyed by Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PENN FOREST TOWNSHIP -- Fire destroyed a home Thursday afternoon in Carbon County.

Flames sparked around 1 p.m. at the residence on Towamensing Trail near Albrightsville.

Two adults and four kids got out okay, but two cats died in the fire.

Firefighters say the fire started in a dryer and appears to be accidental.

A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family displaced by the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.