Home Damaged by Fire in Luzerne County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EDWARDSVILLE --  Authorities say an overheated bathroom fan caused a fire at a home in Luzerne County.

This place on Jackson Street in Edwardsville went up around 3:30 a.m. on Monday.

Two adults and seven kids were inside at the time. A family of six lived there. Three of the other kids were visiting the home at the time of the fire.

They all got out safely thanks to a neighbor who banged on the door.

"I came outside and they said the neighbor's house was on fire. They knocked on the door. They couldn't get nobody to answer," said Keith Derby, a neighbor. "I just went over and starting beating on the door until somebody woke up."

The fire damaged the second floor, attic, and roof. There is smoke and water damage everywhere else.

No one was hurt in Monday morning's fire in Luzerne County.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.