Check River, Stream Levels Near You

Hotel Evacuated After Elevator Motor Malfunctions

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MOOSIC -- A hotel in Lackawanna County was evacuated after a smoky situation involving the elevator.

Fire crews tell Newswatch 16, the elevator motor overheated at the Hampton Inn on Montage Mountain Road Sunday night.

No one was hurt.

Officials said everyone could go back inside after the smoke was cleared.