Summer camp is always a special thing for kids, but it might be even more important for children with special needs. However, one place in our area may struggle this season to make all of those smiles happen.
The reason? One of Dyberry Day Camp's biggest fundraisers, that helps send kids to camp in July, is struggling for participants.
But you may be able to be a part of the solution by taking part in an upcoming "Color Run" at Wallenpaupack Area Middle School in the Hawley area.
Newswatch 16 Ryan Leckey visited Wallenpaupack Area on Wednesday to explain how the event works and the difference the fundraiser makes for the summer camp in Wayne County and those kids with special needs.
- WHAT: 3rd Annual Color Run
- WHEN: Saturday, May 13
- TIME: Registration begins at 8 a.m. The race starts at 9 a.m.
- WHERE: Wallenpaupack North Campus/Middle School Complex, Atlantic Avenue, Hawley
- COST: $20.00 to $30.00 depending on your age and how early you signup.
- WHY: To raise money for Dyberry Day Camp in Wayne County which caters to kids with special needs.
HOW TO SIGNUP: You can register online by clicking here!
Can't make the event? You donate by contacting:
Arc of Wayne County Pennsylvania
P.O. Box 1121
Honesdale, PA 18431
Phone/Fax: (570) 251-4260 or (570) 470-2156
Phone Camp Director: (570) 729-8461