Fire Damages Home in Duryea

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DURYEA — Fire damaged a double home in Luzerne County Saturday night.

Firefighters were called to a home on Chittenden Street in Duryea around 10:30 p.m.

The fire chief says a total of five people lived in the double home.  One woman had to be treated for breathing in too much smoke.  The chief adds the flames apparently got their start on the left side, in the clothes dryer area.  A State Police fire marshal will be here to look for the exact cause.

No firefighters were hurt.


1 Comment

  • Rachael

    There was an injury a family pet died. Why is there no mention of the two misplaced families? Just “hey there was a fire. Goodnight”.

Comments are closed.