Transformer Explosion to Blame for Fire at Record Store in Luzerne County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HAZLE TOWNSHIP -- Authorities think a transformer explosion may be to blame for a fire Friday night at a record store near Hazleton.

Crews responded to reports of a structure fire at the Gallery of Sound store near the Laurel Mall in Hazle Township Friday evening. According to officials, they believe a transformer near the store exploded, igniting the store's external sign and igniting the blaze.

The building reportedly suffered heavy smoke damage, but there is no word on any injuries.


Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.