Two Taken to Hospital After Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WEST HAZLETON -- Two people had to be taken to a hospital after an early morning fire in Luzerne County.

The fire started at a double-block home on Jackson Avenue in West Hazleton around 4 a.m. Saturday.

The West Hazleton assistant fire chief said two people were taken to the hospital for breathing in smoke.

The assistant chief said the fire started in the basement where a man was welding. The flames were contained to the basement.

The American Red Cross says it is helping five people who were displaced after the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.