Homes Cleared Out by Gas Leak in Kingston

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KINGSTON -- Several homes were evacuated Tuesday morning in Luzerne County because of a gas leak.

A contractor was working in the 300 block of Chester Street in Kingston when they struck a gas line just before 10 a.m.

Five homes were cleared out while UGI crews repaired the line.

It only took about ten minutes and everything was back to normal.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.