Check River, Stream Levels Near You

Death Ruled Accidental in Dunmore Apartment Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DUNMORE — An autopsy concludes the death of the woman who died in an apartment fire in Dunmore on Friday was an accident.

The Lackawanna County coroner’s office finds Meghan O’Malley died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Investigators said O’Malley may have died trying to put out the fire herself in her apartment unit on Elm Street in Dunmore.