SCRANTON -- A woman who Scranton police believe opened a burner on her stove and filled her apartment with natural gas has turned herself in.
Crews took Patricia Martinez away on a stretcher from Skyview Park Apartments last month.
Firefighters say there was so much natural gas in the building. Something as simple as turning on a light could have caused it to explode.
Police said Martinez hired an attorney and arranged to turn herself in on Tuesday at the Lackawanna County Courthouse.
Martinez was arraigned on risking a catastrophe and reckless endangerment charges in Scranton.
She was released on bail and is due back in court in January.