After several weeks of fundraising, on Monday, we learned the winner of WNEP's Ryan's Run 7 school challenge. Our charity campaign challenged schools in our area back at the end of August when we launched our project to see which district could collect the most cash for the cause.
The school district that took home the top spot is North Pocono thanks to the work done by students at Jefferson Elementary Center. The students in the Mount Cobb area raised $3, 460 for WNEP's Ryan's Run which benefits kids and adults with disabilities served by Allied Services.
Ryan's Run is spearheaded by Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey who visited Jefferson Elementary Monday to share how the students raised more than three thousand dollars. In total, WNEP's Ryan’s Run school challenge raised more than $12,000!
WNEP's Ryan's Run involves a team of 50 area runners who will join Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey in the TCS New York City Marathon on Sunday, November 6. Only two weeks remain for this year's campaign. There's still time to get involved. Head here to donate!
You can also mail donations to:
Allied Services Foundation
c/o Ryan’s Run
100 Abington Executive Park
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
Here's a list of the other schools that participated in WNEP's Ryan's Run 7 school challenge:
- Jefferson Elementary Center - Run-a-Thon and donations
- Lakeland SD - Color Run 5K and dress down day
- Wallenpaupack SD - Penny wars, wristbands, and footprints
- Holy Cross HS - Dress down and donation from homecoming
- Lake Lehman SD - Back Mountain’s Got Talent
- Allied Services dePaul School - Sold wristbands and hosted running club
- Western Wayne SD - Dress down day, wristbands, and footprints
- Neil Armstrong Elementary - Running club and footprints
- Northwest HS - Faculty donations
- Mid Valley SD - Dress down day
- Scranton High School - Supported 5K
SCHOOL RULES SPONSOR – HIGHMARK BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield sponsored School Rules and the Kick-Start Running Club which encourages local children to get active and run. Kick-Start Running Club is a 5-week program for children of all ages. The program ended with the Ryan’s Run 5K on October 8. Local schools such as Jefferson Elementary, Allied Services dePaul, Neil Armstrong, and the Moscow Running Club took part in the 5K.