Furnace Malfunction Sparks Flames

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SCRANTON — A furnace malfunctioned sparking a fire in Lackawanna County.

Firefighters said the fire happened around 11:00 p.m. Tuesday at a home on Pittston Avenue in Scranton.

Crews told Newswatch 16 that the home filled with smoke and about a dozen people living there got out okay.

The furnace is broken, but the residents were allowed back inside after the fire was put out.

2 comments

  • Waylon Fox

    I’ve lived in Scranton pa for forty years I grew up watching Tom Clark ,I just want to say your doing a wonderful job an I have to say I think Nikki kries I hope I spelled right is your most beautiful anchor women …an thank you for your wonderful years of news

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.