Tenants Forced Out by Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TAMAQUA -- One person was burned when fire broke out in an apartment in Schuylkill County.

According to officials, the fire started around 9 a.m. Sunday inside a unit at Majestic House Apartments on East Broad Street in Tamaqua.

The fire chief said the person living in the apartment was taken to the hospital with minor burns and for breathing in smoke.

The second and third floors were evacuated as well.

Donations of blankets, socks, and snacks for those forced out of the building are being accepted at the Tamaqua Salvation Army.

There is no word yet how the fire started in Schuylkill County.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.