Fire Marshal: Overloaded Electrical Outlet Sparked Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHENANDOAH -- A fire marshal said an overloaded electrical outlet sparked a fire at a home in Schuylkill County.

Fire crews were called to the home on West Penn Street in Shenandoah around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

The home was empty. Authorities said the family who lives there is on vacation.

A couple living next door was forced out for a time. Their home suffered minor damage from the fire.