Teen Jumped from Burning Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HANOVER TOWNSHIP -- Firefighters believe an electrical problem sparked the fire that gutted a home Saturday near Wilkes-Barre.

The fire chief said a 17-year-old boy was inside the home on Holly Street when flames broke out around 9 p.m.

He had to jump from a window to escaped the home.

The teenager was not hurt.

Fire officials believe the house may have to be torn down.