Fryer Fire At Wilkes-Barre McDonald’s

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WILKES-BARRE — Fire crews in Luzerne County were called out Thursday for a fire at a fast food restaurant.

Firefighters responded to the McDonald’s on Northampton Street in Wilkes-Barre around 9:30 a.m.

Fire officials said a small grease fire broke out at the french fry station.

The restaurant will be closed until the health department finishes their inspection.