Fire Marshal To Inspect Fire Scene

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HAZLE TOWNSHIP — Flames damaged a shed filled with wood near a meat processing business near Hazleton.

The fire started around 6:30 p.m. Thursday behind Greenview Meats along Winter Avenue in Hazle Township.

Crews said there is some damage to the outside of the business which was closed at the time of the fire.

A health inspector will have to check to determine if the meat is safe.

A fire marshal will look for the cause.