Exec. Chef John J. Hudak, CEC, AEC, AAC, of Vanderlyn's Restaurant in Kingston prepares a delicious summertime seafood recipe. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 Serving
8 Ounces Barramundi Fillet, Skinless
2 Each U-12 Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
2 Ounces Clarified Butter or Olive Oil
½ Ounce Shallots, Sliced
1 Ounce Scallions
1 Ounce Pineapple
1 Ounce Malibu Pineapple Rum
2 Ounces Pina Colada
To Taste Parsley, Chopped
To Taste Salt & White Pepper
To Taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1) Season & sear barramundi evenly on both sides in clarified butter – remove from pan.
2) Place fillet on baking pan & finish cooking to 135 F internal temperature,
reserve for plating.
3) Season & sear shrimp, deglaze with a splash of rum. Reserve for plating.
4) In same pan shrimp was seared in, add shallots, sauté briefly. Add scallions & pineapple.
5) Deglaze pan with rum, reduce by one half.
6) Add pina colada & reduce to desired consistency, adjust seasonings.
7) Place barramundi on warm plate. Top with shrimp, coat with sauce, sprinkle with toasted coconut & Enjoy.
Recipe Prepared and Presented By
John J. Hudak Jr., CEC, ACE, AAC
Executive Chef, Vanderlyn’s Restaurant