Here’s a look at what’s happening at each of Joe’s stops along the Go Joe 20 route.
Events subject to change, so check back for the latest information.
Monday, July 24
- Join Joe for the morning news in Downtown Troy (corner of Fenner and Market Streets – Fenner will be blocked off) for the kickoff of Go Joe 20 for St. Joseph’s Center!
- Joe leaves on Route 6 East, heading to Burlington, then on to Towanda
- Just after leaving Towanda, we’ll veer left onto Rt. 187 on up to Rt. 467
- Rt. 467 will run Joe by Northeast Bradford High School before setting his sights on LeRaysville.
- NOON STOP IN LeRAYSVILLE (small Gazebo in the middle of town at the Dille Parish Church). Rain location: Fire Department Fairground Pavilion.
- Leave LeRaysville, continuing on Rt. 467 until running into Rt. 706;
- Rt. 706 will run Joe through Lawton and Rush before hitting Montrose;
- Joe will turn south on Rt. 29 and take it through South Montrose and Springville,
- Then directly into Tunkhannock
- NIGHT STAY AT TUNKHANNOCK
Tuesday, July 25
- Joe departs from Tunkhannock and heads out on Rt. 6, then on to Rt. 87 past Procter & Gamble
- He’ll pass through Mehoopany and on through Dushore where we’ll jump on Rt. 220 to Laporte!
- NOON STOP AT LAPORTE
- In Laporte (across the street from the Sullivan County Courthouse; park there with pavilions), folks from the Sullivan County Courthouse will be selling hot dogs, the Laporte Fireman will be selling French Fries, D&D Brew works will be offering pretzels, the Laporte Women’s Club is having a cake wheel, and Blasi’s Beginnings will be offering Lemonade.
- We’ll depart Laporte, heading back south on Rt. 220 through Sonestown, Muncy Valley and Picture Rocks
- When Joe hits Hughesville, he’ll join Rt. 405 to Muncy, Montgomery, and on to Dewart, Watsontown, and finally Milton (Brown Avenue Park).
- NIGHT STAY AT MILTON
Wednesday, July 26
- In the morning, Joe will head out of Milton, still on Rt. 405 toward Montandon;
- Though he won’t go into town, he’ll turn right into Lewisburg on Rt. 45
- Just through Mifflinburg, Joe will make a left onto Rt. 104 towards Penns Creek and Middleburg
- We’ll then take a left onto Rt. 522 through Kreamer and past Susquehanna University before landing in Selinsgrove for lunch (Selin Park next to Kids Grove on Sassafras Street).
- NOON STOP IN SELINSGROVE
- Joe will depart Selinsgrove and head north up Rt. 15 through Hummels Wharf and Shamokin Dam before crossing the Susquehanna River
- We’ll take Joe up along the river in Sunbury, then turn right onto Rt. 61 for just a little bit;
- We’ll turn left onto North 11th Street to Snydertown Road into, what else – Snydertown.
- We’ll stay on this right into Elysburg where we’ll head on out to Rt. 487 and take a slight detour THROUGH Knoebels!
- When Joe comes out the other side, he’ll continue into Catawissa
- Joe will take Rt. 487/42 into Bloomsburg
- In Bloomsburg, we’ll turn right onto Rt. 11 and follow the Susquehanna up-river to Berwick (Berwick City Hall).
- NIGHT STAY IN BERWICK
Thursday, July 27
- Joe will hop on his bike for Day 4. He’ll have an easy navigation morning as he heads out on Rt. 93 and takes it to High Noon!
- We’ll pass through Nescopeck, Sybertsville, West Hazleton, Beaver Meadows, right to Weatherly (Eurana Park).
- NOON STOP IN WEATHERLY
- Because Joe likes Rt. 93 so much, he’ll continue south on Rt. 93 to just outside of Nesquehoning where we’ll pick up Rt. 209 toward Jim Thorpe and swing into the downtown;
- Joe will double back out and back to Rt. 209 into Lehighton where we’ll pick up Rt. 902
- Rt. 902 takes us up to Summit Hill, Lansford, Coaldale, on down into Tamaqua
- Going through the heart of Tamaqua and out the other side has Joe’s sights set on Middleport, New Philadelphia, Cumbola and Port Carbon
- At Port Carbon, we’ll skew just a bit north for a landing in St. Clair (Borough Hall).
- NIGHT STAY AT ST. CLAIR
Friday, July 28
- Joe will depart St. Clair on Rt. 61 into Pottsville on Friday morning, then rock on out of town to the north on Seltzer Road
- Seltzer Road takes us to Minersville and west on Rt. 901 all the way up to Lavelle and a favorite stop in Mt. Carmel (Town Park).
- NOON STOP IN MT. CARMEL
- Heading out of Mt. Carmel, we’ll head on over to Ashland on Rt. 54
- We’ll scoot through Girardville and slow down to get some good donations for St. Joe’s!
- At Shenandoah, we’ll stop, smile and down a pierogi or two, then continue out to Mahanoy City
- In Mahanoy City, we’ll turn left onto Rt. 339 on up to Brandonville where we’ll pick up Rt. 924 and continue north up to Sheppton to West Hazleton
- Turning left onto Rt. 93, we’ll make the mad dash down the valley to Conyngham (Park across the street from town hall – Sugarloaf Ave & N. Main Street).
- NIGHT STAY IN CONYNGHAM
Saturday, July 29
- Joe’s final day for Go Joe 20 will launch out of Conyngham on Rt. 93
- About halfway down the mountain on the other side of Interstate 80, Joe will take a slight right onto Rt. 239 and head on into Wapwallopen
- Stick with Rt. 239 up the Susquehanna River to Mocanaqua, then jump over to Rt. 11 in Shickshinny
- Now, we’re on the home stretch!
- Stay with Rt. 11 through Hunlock Creek, West Nanticoke, Plymouth, Kingston, Forty-Fort, Wyoming, Exeter and Pittston
- Keeping on Rt. 11 north, Joe will visit Duryea, Old Forge and Taylor
- The final turns along Greenridge Street takes us home to St. Joseph’s Center
- Watch the telethon this weekend to see what all of your help added up to!