Don’t spend hundreds or even thousands on plants that are not hardy, are not suited to your site or soil conditions, and are not resistant to disease and deer damage. Very often, we are called by unhappy do-it-yourselfers who are struggling with plants that are hard to manage, trees that have become too large, and plants that do not produce the desired results. Avoid these problems by requesting our design services.
To avoid mistakes, start with a professional landscape plan
You wouldn’t build a house without a set of plans; the same holds true for creating the landscape. All outdoor areas need to be functional as well as attractive. We can assist you in creating a plan that suits your needs, budget, and overall expectations for as little as $75.00. Then we can decide how you want to proceed. Take advantage of our expert landscape designers with over 100 years combined experience.
- Don’t make these common mistakes:
- Wrong plant for wrong location
- Trees too big to be planted near house
- Shrubs get too big for location
- Wrong plant for particular light requirements
We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you in developing a landscape design and be happy to prioritize and stage the installation of your new landscape to meet your budget.
- This short note of introduction is presented in hopes you will consider our company
- for your do-it-yourself landscaping need:.
- Rave Landscaping, Inc. has been designing and installing quality landscapes in Northeastern Pa. for the past 55 years with over 100 years combined design experience.
- Our experienced staff of designers and architects allows us to offer our clients a complete design package. From deciding where to locate your home on your lot, to driveway, walkway, patio layouts, trees, shrubs, and water gardens, as well as irrigation systems, Rave Landscaping can do it all.
Some guidelines to follow:
Measurements – Accurate measurements will result in a better landscape plan.
- Locate property lines – at least two sides are required to locate house on site.
- Note window and door locations and measurements between them.
- Note measurements of existing driveway, walkways, and patios.
- Note locations and measurements of other items of interest such as a pool, swing sets, utility boxes, well, etc.
- Either e-mail the measurements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to the address below.
No matter which design option you pick, we need pictures. Try to fill the entire frame of the camera when taking pictures of your area. If you can get far enough back you can fit the entire area in one frame. If you can not get back far enough you will need to take several pictures with an overlap on each one. We can then piece them together. Send at least 3 – 6 pictures at the most – the more different angles the better.