WILKES-BARRE -- Gas contractors spent Friday night trying to fix a gas leak in Luzerne County.
According to police, crews were working on a project on Spring Street in Wilkes-Barre around 9 p.m. Friday night when a valve broke causing a massive leak.
Spring Street and many other nearby roads were closed while crews worked to shut off the gas.
Police and fire crews on scene tell WNEP-TV the general public is safe but four co-workers were affected by the fumes. Two of those workers were transported to the hospital following the incident in Luzerne County.