School Closings And Delays

Pool Hall Gutted by Fire in Shamokin

SHAMOKIN -- An early morning fire in Northumberland County is under investigation.

The first alarm in Shamokin came in just before 4 a.m on Tuesday.

A pool hall, with apartments attached, along North Market Street burned.

One adult and two children had to be taken to a hospital.

Investigators believe an electrical problem sparked the flames.  The fire is not considered suspicious.


  • musicman

    now we got Trouble,
    right here in Coal Cracker City,
    with a capital T
    that rhymes with P
    and that stands for Pool.

  • rjelq

    Not arson like the nearby Shenandoah fire at least. I love this time of the year. Its coal region fire season folks. get ready for Facebook fire posts, fire whistle action and blue lights wising around town.


    Here we go again coal region. The cold weather just started in this dump and their has been structure fires, in sheppton, minersville, shenandoah and shamokin etc. This place is a complete disaster! Why people wanna buy property here is beyond my wildest comprehension.

Comments are closed.